[Debburn-devel] Sample mini-iconv (Was: What can I assume about libc?

Lorenz Minder lminder at gmx.net
Thu Oct 5 21:03:27 UTC 2006

Hi,

Thanks! Finally I came around to have a short look, I like this.

Just one thing:

Peter Samuelson wrote:
> > The "in" parameter is used in a way which prevents easy use of an
> > array. The user must create a pointer, often for no use other than to
> > satisfy the function being called.  The extra information is unlikely
> > to be all that useful.
>
> Yeah, I must have gotten the idea from iconv.  API now simplified.

Hrm, I'm sorry if I suck, but I think that pointer will actually be
needed, can I readd it? (Example: The stream you get from the CDDB
server will often end in incomplete chars if the input buffer of the
stream is filled; in this case we want to restart the conversion later
on.)

Thanks again! Looks very good otherwise.

Best,
--Lorenz