[Debburn-devel] inquire CD/DVD blank media capacity

Rene Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Mon Oct 23 12:12:08 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I'm currently scripting a CD/DVD backup solution and would need to know the
inserted media capacity to split huge amount of data into chunks that fit on
said media.

I search the available manual pages as well as the web but found no command
that would return said blank capacity in question.

Is there such an option hidden in readcd, isoinfo, wodim or another tool
shipped with cdrkit?

If not, maybe such an option would be quie useful for other people and we
could add it to one of those tools?

Yours,

--
  René Rebe - ExactCODE - Berlin (Europe / Germany)
  +49 (0)30 / 255 897 45