[Debburn-devel] geteltorito.pl

Eduard Bloch edi at gmx.de
Tue Jan 2 19:01:18 CET 2007

#include <hallo.h>
* Rainer Krienke [Tue, Jan 02 2007, 05:40:53PM]:
> Am Dienstag, 2. Januar 2007 17:16 schrieb Eduard Bloch:
> > #include <hallo.h>
> >
> > Rainer, do you approve this change? Shall we release it as 0.4 or better
> > as 0.3.1, or 0.3a or so?
> >
> > Eduard.
> >
> > * Santiago Garcia Mantinan [Tue, Jan 02 2007, 01:50:51PM]:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I'm sending a patch against geteltorito.pl version 0.3 to correct a
> > > problem when trying to extract non emulated images.
> > >
> > > The problem was on two sides:
>
> Hello to everyone,
>
> I did not yet have the time to check the patch. I hope I can do so tomorrow.
> I think the release number 0.4 is ok.
>
> By the way: Eduard proposed to have geteltorito included into Debian. There is
> of course no reason why this should not be done, but since I am not involved
> into debian the question is, who is willing to do the debian packaging for
> geteltorito?

I don't think that a new package really needs to be created for one
single script. Currently, we add mkzftree and dirsplit to the mkis^w
genisoimage package. The same could be applied to geteltorito.pl, but
which package? genisoimage or wodim? SuSE added it to the mkisofs
package.

I have no strong opinion on that matter. Anyone with good reasons
pro/contra? We could also create a separate package called
"cdrkit-tools" where all the small tools are collected, separated from
genisoimage and wodim.

Eduard.
--
** WARNING **: snd_pcm_pause() failed: Die Dateizugriffsnummer ist ein schlechter Verfassung