[Debburn-devel] Re: Problem recording with new system

scdbackup at gmx.net scdbackup at gmx.net
Fri Mar 16 19:21:03 CET 2007

Hi,

i see that it is more than two weeks since
Eduard Martinescu wrote:
> > Output of 'wodib -v -checkdrive dev=/dev/cdrw'
> > Identification : 'DVD-RAM GSA-H30N'
> > To my surprise, it seems there are NO supported modes listed.
and i invited him to examine the problem via
cdrskin and libburn.

We did not get much more insight other than this:
Any mode page 05h sent via 55h MODE SELCT causes an
error reply with Sense Key 5 ASC 1A ASCQ 00.
That's "PARAMETER LIST LENGTH ERROR".

He tested with Page Length 0x32 and 0x36 as MMC-5
would allow a 4 byte vendor specific add-on.
The issue seems on halt for now. Shrug.

Anybody got an idea what could be wrong with the
drive or the operating system ?
... or what to try next ?

Have a nice day :)

Thomas