[Debburn-devel] Pioneer DVR-S201 does not work with wodim

guido guido at thisisnotatest.de
Sat Apr 5 02:20:29 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've been trying to record a DVD on a Pioneer DVR-S201 dvd writer, but wodim
complains that the device is not supported.

This is the output of the command:

# wodim -v dev=/dev/scd1 solaris10.iso
wodim: No write mode specified.
wodim: Asuming -tao mode.
wodim: Future versions of wodim may have different drive dependent defaults.
TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
scsidev: '/dev/scd1'
devname: '/dev/scd1'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27
Wodim version: 1.1.6
SCSI buffer size: 64512
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 2
Response Format: 2
Capabilities   : TERMIOP SYNC
Vendor_info    : 'PIONEER '
Identification : 'DVD-R   DVR-S201'
Revision       : '2.12'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW.
Current: 0x0000 (Reserved/Unknown)
Profile: 0x0011 (DVD-R sequential recording)
Profile: 0x0010 (DVD-ROM)
wodim: Sorry, no CD/DVD-Recorder or unsupported CD/DVD-Recorder found on this
target.

The writer is a SCSI device on scsibus 1 with id 4.

The OS used is Gentoo with Linux kernel 2.6.20 on sparc.

I had also tried growisofs, but that didn't work either.

I don't get it, if wodim already recognizes the drive as a MMC2 drive, then
why can't it just use it as a MMC2 drive?

	Guido

--
Oh my science!