[Debburn-devel] genisoimage - unreadable videoDVD under Windows

Leif W warp-9.9 at usa.net
Fri Jun 20 12:56:03 UTC 2008

Hello!

> I am using Kubuntu 8.04 and want to burn video DVDs. I tried k3b,
> growisofs, genisoimage - the result is still the same. DVD is unreadable
> under Windows. I even tried to burn an image made by genisoimage with

I do not know much about the software but it might help if you were able to
use the command line to run genisoimage and growisofs instead of letting K3b
do it.  Then tell us the exact commands you used!

> Was there a change in UDF filesystem recently that Windows don't
> understand? Is there a way to burn Windows compatible DVD-Video disc
> under Linux?

I have used Knoppix Linux 5.3.1 recently to burn DVD-Video ISO images, created
from both Nero and genisoimage.  Both worked in DVD players, but I didn't test
in windows.  Anyways, genisoimage has the -dvd-video option when you create
the image, and growisofs has the -dvd-compat command!  Use them both when
making compatible video DVDs.  ;-)

It's the only help I can offer, if you're already using these options and
still have a problem, then another on the list may help.

Bye!

Leif