[Debburn-devel] wodim does not show my SATA and my USB drive

Peter Samuelson peter at p12n.org
Sat Jun 21 06:48:35 UTC 2008

[Thomas Schmitt]
> I found unconfirmed rumors in the web that sr was deprecated (by whom
> is unclear).

By the Linux kernel, 4 years ago (May 2004) when Linux 2.6.5 was
released.  From Documentation/devices.txt in the kernel source tree:

 11 block       SCSI CD-ROM devices
                  0 = /dev/scd0         First SCSI CD-ROM
                  1 = /dev/scd1         Second SCSI CD-ROM

                The prefix /dev/sr (instead of /dev/scd) has been deprecated.

--
Peter Samuelson | org-tld!p12n!peter | http://p12n.org/