[Debburn-devel] Burning CDs as user produces coasters (Plextor drive)

Gregor Jasny gjasny at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 24 17:23:21 UTC 2008

Hi,

since some time burning ISO CD images as user fails.
Wodim stops during OPC and the kernel prints some messages:

scsi: unknown opcode 0xe9
scsi: unknown opcode 0xed
scsi: unknown opcode 0xf5
scsi: unknown opcode 0xeb

If I burn as root, everything works fine. The used CD writer is a
"PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-712A   1.09". I've seen in the wodim/cdrecord
sources that plextor drives are handled different from other drives.

Do you know what the above listed commands are for?
Maybe they could be included in blk_verify_command?
If your'e not sure about the dangerousness maybe as a config option?

Thanks,
Gregor