[Debburn-devel] Querying the state (fixation, multi-session) of a CD-R

Lucas Levrel llevrel at yahoo.fr
Mon Oct 13 09:00:03 UTC 2008

Hello,

Some months ago I used wodim to write audio tracks to a CD-R disc, with the intent of keeping it "open" for further writes. I say "intent" because I don't thoroughly understand the effect of options like -nofix, -multi... and now I don't manage to append more audio tracks to the disc (although they would easily fit in duration). Additionally, I don't remember which options I used to burn it!

So I have a lot of questions :-)
About the particular disc I messed up:
- How may I retrieve info about the disc that will tell me with which options it was written?
- I suspect I used -nofix together with -multi and -sao, and probably it doesn't make sense. If I '-fix' it, will it be readable on a CD-Reader?

And more generally:
- May the -nofix option be combined with any mode (tao and sao)? e.g. if I want to write a pair of audio tracks which will play continuously, without blank between them, may I use -sao -nofix? If yes, is there any reason to use -tao -nofix?
- Is -multi specific to data discs?
- Could you point me to a doc that will spare you answering such basic questions? :-D

As you see, any help will be greatly appreciated!

LL