[Debburn-devel] extend graft-points to allow file removal?

zhangweiwu at realss.com zhangweiwu at realss.com
Tue Sep 16 10:18:36 UTC 2008

Hello. Do you think it a nice idea to allow file to be removed by
specifying graft-point?

a.k.a. when genisoimage was invoked with -M, a graft-point like this:
# genisoimage -C 0,12345 -M /dev/dvdrw -graft-point outdated/file=
would removal outdated/file in the next session.

I think this can encourage graphical interface DVD burning software
author to develop the kind of user interface where user can operate
files on DVD-R with all file modification possible (add, delete).

Furthermore can it be that graft-point further extended to support file
move operation?

e.g.
# genisoimage -C 0,12345 -M /dev/dvdrw -graft-point
target_dir/file=@source_dir/file

would, in the new session, link target_dir/file to the "address" of the
source_dir/file, effectively "move" the file to a different directory
without removing and adding it again. the "@" symbol simply means
genisoimage should not search this file on harddisk but on the disco. It
could be any symbol, e.g. "%".

Just an idea. I am missing the old Nero Burnning Rom where I can
manipulate files on CD-R just like local file with all
adding/renaming/moving/deletion possible.