[Debburn-devel] isovfy/isodump/isoinfo patches to support "ST" entries

Ben Harris bjh21 at bjh21.me.uk
Sun Jan 11 13:50:42 UTC 2009

There are bugs in isovfy, isodump, and isoinfo in the current development
version of cdrkit and in version 1.1.9 whereby they ignore SUSP "ST"
entries which are meant to terminate SUSP processing in a System Use field
or Continuation Area.  This means that the programs try to read SUSP
entries after the "ST" entry and unsurprisingly find garbage instead.
Attached is a gzipped ISO image that demonstrates the problem -- running
isovfy against it generates a load of "BAD RRVERSION" and "BAD SUSP"
errors, in all cases after an "ST" record.

Also attached is a patch that should fix the bug in each program.  To make
the fix simpler, it also moves the Continuation Area processing outside a
loop.  As far as I can tell, that shouldn't affect the behaviour of the
program since that block was only executed when the loop was about to
exit, and there was no other way out of the loop that didn't also return
from the function.

I think the parse_rr() function in genisoimage/multi.c suffers from the
same problem, but I'm not sure how to test that code so I haven't
attempted a fix.  If the bug is there, it should be a trivial job for
someone to concoct an equivalent patch.

I haven't subscribed to the debburn-devel mailing list, so if a reply
needs my attention it's probably best to Cc me.

Thank you for all your work on cdrkit.

--
Ben Harris