[Debburn-devel] Wodim burning on multiple burners.

Leif W warp-9.9 at usa.net
Tue Jan 20 15:29:49 UTC 2009

> [Pablo Rosatti]
> > Hi, there is a patch to make wodim able to burn using 2 or more drives?
>
> [Peter Samuelson]
> wodim can use any CD writer hardware supported by your OS, using the
> "dev" argument.  In the case of Linux, this will be something like
> "dev=/dev/cdrom1" or "dev=/dev/hdc".

As I understand, I think he may mean simultaneously, to burn the same image to
2+ drives with one burn action.  Assuming you have the hardware sufficient to
handle this (like 2+ SATA2 on newer boards or on a PCI-X expansion card), is
it possible?

I might think it's possible but out of the scope of wodim?  Perhaps with an OS
multiplexing driver acting as a pseudo CD-writer?

I really have no idea, just offering interpretation of original post.

--
Leif