[Debburn-devel] Wodim and Cuefiles

Harry Williams harry.x.williams at gmail.com
Fri May 15 20:17:31 UTC 2009

Umm... Sorry for intruding, but after the Ubuntu Forum and Launchpad,
there's no-where else to go...

If this is a totally inappropriate place to ask, I'm sure you'll tell me
with the acidic curtness, that only a programmer interrupted can muster.

I've a 500 MB wav file...

First I run:

shntool pad Meddle.wav

and get Meddle-padded.wav with an audio data length divisible by 2352.

Then import to Audacity, with the  00:00+frames, snap-to, 44100Hz and
16-bit...

I drop the track markers...

Export them to lables.txt and convert to a cuefile with lable2cue...

Then I try and run:

wodim -dao cuefile=Meddle-padded.cue -dev1,0,0

and I get told to get lost because the data length is wrong...

Bad audio track size 486969884

But running:

shntool info Meddle-padded.wav

tells me that the audio data has been nicely and properly arranged...

Data size: 486969840 bytes
Chunk size: 486969876 bytes
Total size (chunk size + 8): 486969884 bytes
Actual file size: 486969884

but wodim is taking the length as Actual file size, which won't work...

I'm on Ubuntu Studio 9.04

Cdrecord-yelling-line-to-tell-frontends-to-use-it-like-version
2.01.01a03-dvd
Wodim 1.1.9

Regards,

Harry

"Entwicklung durch Ikonoklasmus" - The New Republic