[Debburn-devel] genisoimage does not create a DVD iso image file

cristian jo.fran.ce at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 19:04:36 UTC 2009

Trying to create a DVD image I got this:

cristian at deb5:/media/libre$ genisoimage -dvd-video -v -v -o europa.iso europa
I: -input-charset not specified, using utf-8 (detected in locale settings)
genisoimage 1.1.9 (Linux)
Scanning europa
Scanning europa/VIDEO_TS
Scanning europa/AUDIO_TS
 280   152
 281   596 VIDEO_TS
 282    68 AUDIO_TS
Cache hit for 'VIDEO_TS/.'
Cache hit for 'VIDEO_TS/..'
genisoimage: Implementation botch. Video pad for file VIDEO_TS.BUP is -17
genisoimage: Either the *.IFO file is bad or you found a genisoimage bug.

I'm using a debian lenny distribution, whith "genisoimage 1.1.9 (Linux)".
The strange thing is that other PC running Win XP, in wich there's a CYGWIN installation, with "genisoimage
1.1.7.1 (CYGWIN)", with the same directory "europa" I could get the image done.