[Debburn-devel] schilyutils_20090510-pre9-1_i386.changes REJECTED

Debian FTPMasters ftpmaster at debian.org
Wed Feb 24 18:45:12 UTC 2010

Dear maintainer,

after long discussion within the FTP Team and also the project, we
finally decided to reject your package. This reject does not, in any
way, rate you, your work or that of upstream. We are sure that
technically it is all nice and good.

Instead this reject is the conclusion of a long and very intricate
relation between upstream and the FLOSS community. As the past has shown
there is a lot of very heated discussions ongoing, sometimes downright
to threats of law suits, and we fear that even your offer to act as
proxy between the Debian project and upstream won't prevent discussions
like happened in the past.

Additionally there are replacements for almost all functions available,
and for the very few situations where this is not true users can install
the software directly from upstream (or a repository you provide outside
Debian, of course).

As such we came to the conclusion to not include new packages from this
upstream in our archive.

Yours sincerely,
  The Debian FTP Master team

===

Please feel free to respond to this email if you don't understand why
your files were rejected, or if you upload new files which address our
concerns.