[Debburn-devel] Re : LG CH08LS10 not burning CDs

Age Jan Kuperus ajk.sf at xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 30 12:23:53 UTC 2010

Hi all,

On Fri Jan 29 21:32:48 UTC 2010 Thomas Schmitt wrote

>Hi,
>
>> Just tried single user mode and no it did not work, same error.
>
>But under Windows it does still work ?
>

>We know it is conditional. There must be a
>trigger. What can disturb in single user mode ?
>ACPI ?

I have the same problem with this drive. I am running ubuntu 10.4 alpha. My first CH08LS10 did
not burn under windows either, and I received a replacement for it this morning. While trying
to burn a DVD+RW and again getting a 0.1 to 0.3 speed I found the archive of this thread.
Based opun what I read, I looked for processes that tried to access sr0 and found several
children of udevd (they seem to be run in sequence):

/lib/udev/devkit-disks-part-id /dev/sr0
/sbin/blkid -o udev -p -u noraid /dev/sr0
/lib/udev/cdrom_id --export /dev/sr0

And yes, after stopping udev the drive speed jumped to 4x, which is the correct speed for this
particular dvd. So I suspect the udev related processes do not recognize the fact that the
drive is exculsively opened by k3b or its children.

Hope this helps (and somebdy can fix it).

Age Jan