[Debburn-devel] support for dvd-audio in mkisofs

Andrew Henry adhenry.9 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 09:05:47 UTC 2010

Hi.

When will mkisofs gain support for burning DVD-Audio images?  I'm using
dvda-author at the moment and need to patch mkisofs to include support for
this feature.

dvda-author was first released 2005 and I assume people have been patching
mkisofs ever since then.

Is there a reason why this feature is not included in mkisofs or is it just
a case of the author of dvda-author never submitted the patch?

http://dvd-audio.sourceforge.net/howto.shtml

"mkisofs patches Three mkisofs patches are available to date for
dvda-author, which make it possible to run mkisofs without the -sort option:

   - Dave Chapman's initial
patch<http://dvd-audio.sourceforge.net/patches/mkisofs/mkisofs-dvdaudio.diff>against
mkisofs (version 2.01)
   - Fab Nicol's patch
   <http://dvd-audio.sourceforge.net/patches/mkisofs/mkisofs-2.01.01-dvd-audio.diff>against
   a newer version of mkisofs (2.01.01a40) for DVD-Audio discs.
   - Jerome Brock's patch
   <http://dvd-audio.sourceforge.net/patches/mkisofs/cdrtools-2.01.01a58-dvdhybrid-r1.patch>against
a recent version of mkisofs (2.01.01a58) for DVD-Audio/Video discs,
   including a -dvd-hybrid switch as a comibnation of -dvd-audio and -dvd-video

"

Regards,
Andrew