[Debburn-devel] wodim DVD-R mutisession fails

kapetr kapetr at mizera.cz
Tue Sep 28 07:02:30 UTC 2010

Hello,

I have problem to burn multisession on DVD-R.

System: Ubuntu 10.04, wodim 1.1.10, frontend K3B 1.91.0

In previous times (older linuxes/wodims (cdrecords)/...) I was able
to burn multisesson DVDs without any problem.

Now, even if I set in K3B "Start multisesssion", all goes without
problems, warnings, ...,but finally the DVD-R is "complete"  - not
appendable!

See attached:
-output of ps (while burning)  -> "wodim -sao -multi -data ..."
-output of dvd+rw-mediainfo -> disk complete
-k3b log  -> commands, DVD recorder capabilities, ...

Can someone help me ?

Thanks and sorry please my English

--kapetr

P.S. With DVD-RW is this the same - with 1 difference - I get k3b
warning, that my drive do not support incremental streaming on
DVD-RW.

But in past - I have get the same warning, but (if ignored) the
multisession DVD-RW was burned OK. Today I just get finalized/closed
DVD-RW just like by DVD-R.