[Debburn-devel] AHCI mode causes DVD-R disks to fail burning.

Josiah Jensen jjensen at exacq.com
Fri Jul 1 15:25:03 UTC 2011

I have tried this on a number of different motherboards (see models below),
and the burn seems to fail on either one.  If I build the drives in IDE mode
it works just fine.  However I do not want to take the IDE mode performance
hit.   I have tried the latest build with this and the results are the
same.  With the BCMRX45Q it never works.  With the 35 it will sometimes
work, but normally fail.

Have you seen anything like this?  Do you know of any workaround besides the
IDE mode on the motherboard?

BCM RX45Q

http://www.bcmcom.com/bcm_product_rx45q.htm

BCM BC35Q