[Debburn-devel] BUG #369676 : same with genisoimage

Nicolas Sévelin-Radiguet nicosr at free.fr
Fri May 31 19:37:42 UTC 2013

Hello,

While diving through http://bugs.debian.org/stats/oldbugs.html, I
stopped at the mkisofs package which is not provided by Debian anymore.
Replacement is genisoimage which exhibits from the same not coherent
behavior (-frJ works while -rJf does not):

$ genisoimage -version
genisoimage 1.1.11 (Linux)

$ genisoimage -frJ -o /tmp/dummy.iso /tmp/dummy/
Warning: -follow-links does not always work correctly; be careful.
I: -input-charset not specified, using utf-8 (detected in locale settings)
Total translation table size: 0
Total rockridge attributes bytes: 169
Total directory bytes: 0
Path table size(bytes): 10
Max brk space used 0
181 extents written (0 MB)

$ genisoimage -rJf -o /tmp/dummy.iso /tmp/dummy/
genisoimage: option '-rJf' is ambiguous; possibilities: '--file-mode'
'--force-rr' '--full-iso9660-filenames' '--follow-links'
Usage: genisoimage [options] -o file directory ...

Use genisoimage -help
to get a list of valid options.

Report problems to debburn-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org.

I don't know what should be done about mkisofs bugs (close them all?),
but some of them (at least #369676) apply to genisoimage.

By the way, what is Debian policy regarding bugs against packages that
are not available anymore?

Hope this helps
--
Nicolas Sévelin-Radiguet