[Debburn-devel] A problem about genisoimage

longpanda longpanda at 163.com
Thu Nov 6 05:47:42 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm not sure whether this is a bug of genisoimage 1.1.9.

I create an iso file with command as follow:

[Test]# mkisofs -R -iso-level 4 -o test.iso test/

Warning: Creating ISO-9660:1999 (version 2) filesystem.

Warning: ISO-9660 filenames longer than 31 may cause buffer overflows in the OS.

Total translation table size: 0

Total rockridge attributes bytes: 552

Total directory bytes: 0

Path table size(bytes): 10

Max brk space used 0

178 extents written (0 MB)

There is only one small file in direcory test. But unusually the file name is 250 characters long.

Finally, it seems that there is something wrong with the file test.iso.

I found 2 'CE' entry in the system use area of the file, and the second one with

Block Location 0, offset 0, Continuation Area 69.

BTW, I tested for file name of 240 characters long, and that’s OK.

Best Regard

Longpanda