[Debburn-devel] mondoarchive fails on genisoimage

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Sun Jan 10 21:28:54 UTC 2016

Hi,

Rob Borland wrote:
> This is my first posting to this list. Greetings to all.

It is very silent here.

> I get the following fault running mondoarchive in Debian Wheezy:
> genisoimage: option '-e' is ambiguous

This option is an invention of Fedora's mkisofs clone.
It shall mark an EFI boot image in the El Torito boot catalog.
(Here: images/mindi-bootroot.img)

So if you need no EFI bootability and know how to disable this
feature in mondoarchive, that might be a way to go.

The other alternative is to use my program xorriso instead.
Its mkisofs emulation would accept the options of the failed
genisoimage run.

If you cannot talk mondoarchive into using /usr/bin/xorrisofs
out of package "xorriso", then you will have to replace
/usr/bin/genisoimage by a link to /usr/bin/xorriso.
Note that xorriso cannot produce UDF filesystems which you
would need for video DVD production. So keep genisoimage under
a different name.

(I feel a certain degree of pain with the thought that you
 will use xorriso-1.2.2, which is 3 and a half year old and
 ten releases behind. Interesting old bugs still in and even
 more interesting new bugs not yet in.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas