[dcontrol] More universal

Fabricio Cannini segfaulter@yahoo.com.br
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:19:39 -0300 (ART)

http://config4gnu.sourceforge.net/docs/xmlspec/index.html
> ?

It was. But now i'm trying to do it with RDF.
(It seems to be more appropriate to this task,
and there's already some parsers and validators
for it.)

But, instead of

My idea was:
<foo>bar</foo>

Just a little more terse ;-)

> That is the spec for the xml that their parsers are
> generating from the
> different regular config files. It might be a
> subject to discuss if xml is
> the right thing for the communication, or if for
> example dbus would be more
> appropriate.
>
> It is noteable though, that how their syntax parsers
> translate config files
> (provide the specified interface) is also beeing
> defined in xml description
> files that correspond to config files.
>
> It is probably also notable is that the spec has no
> specific notion about how
> nodes, properties and values have look like in
> frontends. Different
> Implementations can choose do display them in
> diverse ways (textview, a tree
> of key value pairs, in a graphical icon view etc.).
>
> Kind Regards,
> Christian
>

> PS: While trying to subscibe my confirmations don't
> seem to get
> through/accepted. I'd appreceate if you could keep
> me in CC until I
> successfully get on the list.
Send an e-mail to David Moreno Garza (Damog):
damog@damog.net

Best to you,
Fabricio

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o discador agora! http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/