[debhelper-devel] debhelp test fail when buil on Fedora arm

Niels Thykier niels at thykier.net
Sat Apr 25 20:09:55 UTC 2015

On 2015-04-25 18:25, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> On Sáb, 2015-04-25 at 16:51 +0100, Sérgio Basto wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> Ok, that is a clue I will try find out.
>
> you got it ! [1]
> + dpkg-architecture -qDEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE
> arm-linux-gnu
> + dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE
> arm-linux-gnueabi
>
> So what is wrong ?

Kyle Martin seems to have a caught on to the issue at [1] and can
probably tell you in greater detail than I can offer at this point.

[1]
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2014-February/195738.html

> is /bin/dpkg-architecture from dpkg-dev  ?

It is indeed from dpkg-dev.  Its results are based on some data files.
On debian these data files are installed via the "dpkg" package itself
and placed in:

/usr/share/dpkg/triplettable
/usr/share/dpkg/cputable
/usr/share/dpkg/ostable