[debhelper-devel] arch bulid dependency

Igor Kozhukhov igor at dilos.org
Sat Dec 19 17:35:43 UTC 2015

Hello All,

I have my own distribution: DilOS - http://www.dilos.org

I¹m using DEB packages on illumos based platform.

I try to support Intel and SPARC architectures and I have problems with
ports of Debian style packages to my platform.

With Architecture: any - it is work as well - platform specific packages
generating on different platforms with the same sources.
But, with Architecture: all - we have the same packages with Œ-all¹ suffix
instead of platform specific and I can¹t upload new packages from SPARC to
APT repo, because reprepro said - we have this package available in repo.

I¹m using one APT repo for solaris-i386 and solaris-sparc packages.

Question is: can we specify Build-Architecture: in control file for package
what can be build only on specified platform and will be ignored for build
on another platform?

For example:
Package: libsnmp-base
Build-Architecture: solaris-i386
Architecture: all

It will mean - build this package on Intel architecture and ignore it on
SPARC architecture.

Sorry for my English, I¹m not English native speaker :)
Please let me know if you have questions.

--
Best regards,
Igor Kozhukhov