[debhelper-devel] [DH] Planning to remove deprecated commands and compat levels in debhelper

Paul Gevers elbrus at debian.org
Tue Nov 3 08:36:09 UTC 2015

Hi Matthias,

As part of my QA and accessibility activities I am now contacting you
regarding the e-mail below that Niels sent to debian-devel about
deprecation of debhelper levels. You must have seen via bug reports that
quite a lot of the bugs mentioned in the bottom of that e-mail are
targeting your packages. As these packages are festvox voices, which I
consider important for accessibility and which haven't seen any update
in years, I offer you my help to bring them up current packaging
standards. Because I consider the matter urgent (the packages will FTBFS
once the new debhelper pacakge hits the archive), I will start to
prepare NMU's to share with you. Please let me know if you rather handle
this yourself.

Please consider if these packages are not better of being team
maintained by either the accessibility team or the TTS team (CC-ed). Not
because they have lots of bugs, but because it will be on the radar of
more people.

Paul