[debhelper-devel] Remove export of PERL_USE_UNSAFE_INC in the future

Dominic Hargreaves dom at earth.li
Tue Aug 30 13:20:45 UTC 2016

Hi maintainers,

Thanks very much for applying the patches in #832436 for the
remove-cwd-in-inc issue in perl. One of these changes, to export
PERL_USE_UNSAFE_INC, is not a good long-term solution, and I will file
bugs against packages which would otherwise be broken in due course
with a view to requesting removal of that export in debhelper at some
point after stretch's release.

Would you be happy for me to file a wishlist bug against this to act
as a reminder, and to block with the bugs I will file against affected
packages?

No hurry on this, but I wanted to make sure it didn't get forgotten.

Cheers,
Dominic.