[debhelper-devel] debhelper updates

Igor Kozhukhov igor at dilos.org
Thu Apr 13 18:15:57 UTC 2017

Hi Niels,

i also have question/proposal for exclude files from some operations like: dh_install/dh_move - where we can use flag -X<item> and —fail-missing

i’m interested in option -X or similar where i can put predefined text file with list of files what i need can ignore - no need to check and fail with option like —fail-missing

because specify every file with -X if i have long list - it is overhead.

or maybe you can provide solution how i can try to do it?

will be better if we can provide path to direcries where we can ignore files too.

example for ignore files.txt
file1.*		# it mean: with all extensions
directory1/*	# it’s mean - ignore all files in directory1, also we can provide dir1/dir2/dir3/*
file2
file3
dir4/file4
…

and use this file like: dh_install -a -Xdebian/files.ignore.list.txt —fail-missing
or something similarsolution.

i need to ignore more files with illumos build - they are private, but i want control new files with packages.

could you please let me know - maybe this solution present and i don’t know how to use it? :)

-Igor