[debhelper-devel] Bad interaction between pbuilder/debhelper/dpkg-buildinfo/dpkg-genchanges and dak on security-master

Philipp Kern pkern at debian.org
Mon Jul 3 17:00:20 UTC 2017

[ Correcting ftp-master's email address, but keeping the large list of
recipients for some reason. ]

On 2017-07-03 16:00, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Yves-Alexis Perez writes ("Bad interaction between
> pbuilder/debhelper/dpkg-buildinfo/dpkg-genchanges and dak on
> security-master"):
>> However, I recently did that for an upload targeted at
>> stretch-security, and
>> unfortunately this caused a problem on security-master, where dak
>> couldn't
>> process the build by the amd64 autobuilder because an _amd64.buildinfo
>> file
>> was already present. It was part of my upload because it was included
>> in the
>> _source.changes file generated during the pbuilder run.
> We had a related conversation on debian-dpkg recently.
>
> There were some reasons discussed why publishing the uploader's
> _ARCH.buildinfo, even of a source-only upload, may be useful to some
> people.
>
> However, given that the autobuilder's _ARCH.buildinfo actually
> corresponds to the published binaries, that clearly must take
> precedence.

Is the buildinfo actually published today? I don't see it in the pool.
As I would've had some use for them at work I was sort of curious if
they could be ingested automatically.

Kind regards and thanks
Philipp Kern