[debhelper-devel] error: binary build with no binary artifacts found; .buildinfo is meaningless

Gunter Königsmann gunter at peterpall.de
Sun Jul 16 14:38:36 UTC 2017

Dear all,

I never found any place you could ask debhelper questions in so I tried
joining this mailing list:

I currently try to setup a nightly build for
https://maxima.sourceforge.net, a computer algebra system. My first try
went relatively well, actually: I created a package that was installable
and worked, but all other programs needed the package to be split into
two packages:
 - maxima
 - maxima-doc (with version requirement => a "provides" isn't sufficient).

Since I started trying the package in 2 halves I never again got a
working build. My current version of debian/control and debian/rules is
attached to this mail. My guess is that since maxima is written in lisp
the binaries the compiler creates (and that end up in /usr/lisp) don't
look like binaries. But I might be entirely wrong here.
My other guess is that I am doing something seriously wrong - which I
assume will be the case in the end.

Do you have any hints for me - or a place I can get help at?

The current debian/rules installs a working maxima in debian/tmp/usr and
then calls dpkg-genbuildinfo - which fails.

Thanks a lot,
and kind regards,

  Gunter.