[debhelper-devel] error: binary build with no binary artifacts found; .buildinfo is meaningless

Gunter Königsmann gunter at peterpall.de
Wed Jul 19 19:13:22 UTC 2017

On 16.07.2017 21:38, Niels Thykier wrote:
> Gunter Königsmann:
>> Dear all,
>>

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for using debhelper. :)

You are welcome! And thanks for your mail and the debian/rules file.

In the meantime I have done some more debugging. To me it feels like
"make install" isn't called. In one blog I have found that dh_clean can
remove makefiles between builds so dh_install no more sees they contain
an install target. But after the first build everything should be
installed in tmp already

> Often it is easier to review the situation with the entire packaging
> directory.  There are a number of auxiliary files that influence various
> helper tools.

An excellent idea! In retrospect The directory is at
http://physikbuch.de/maxima/debian.tgz and in retrospect that might
well be the case as the problem started to appear when I added files
in order to split the package.
The source (I hope it won't be needed, though) can be found at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/maxima/files/latest/download?source=typ_redirect
(besides the standard build-essential texinfo, sbcl and clisp are needed
in order to compile the package) - and it seems that the "./bootstrap
step isn't needed for the release but only for the nightly build.

> I hope this helps. :)  If this does not work, please provide a build log
> and the debian directory you used.

The build log was too long that I would dare to send it to a mailing
list => It can be found at http://physikbuch.de/maxima/buildlog.txt
One day they will regret that they offered me unlimited webspace ;-)

Thanks in advance,
and
Kind regards,

  Gunter.