[debhelper-devel] Debhelper patch for supporting Build-Profiles field

Daniel Schepler dschepler at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 17:34:13 UTC 2014

On Sunday, February 09, 2014 10:53:38 PM Joey Hess wrote:
> Daniel Schepler wrote:
> > +		error("invalid mixed positive and negative profiles in
> > $packageprofilesstr\n"); +		error("invalid mixed positive and
negative
> > profiles in $packageprofilesstr\n");
> This seems reasonable, but I dislike this error message text
> and the repetition of it.

I've been thinking on this a little, and I can't seem to come up with a better
error message.  And on the repetition, it seems like maybe a bit of overkill
to write a separate function just to report the error...

> Also, it needs to be documented in debhelper.pod.

OK, I was looking through debhelper.pod and didn't see any existing place in
there that would seem appropriate for adding this information.  Any
suggestions?  I'm also not sure what level of detail would be appropriate,
given that we're planning for this to be specified in policy.  (And dpkg-
genchanges and dpkg-source will also be looking at those fields eventually, in
the latter case to populate a field of the .dsc file listing supported build
profiles).
--
Daniel Schepler