[Debian-arabic-packages] xfardic-xdb-gnulinux package is ready to review

Alan Baghumian alan at technotux.com
Thu Sep 28 06:13:33 UTC 2006

Hi,

About xFarDic:

xFarDic is a multilingual dictionary program developed using wxgtk,
gtk2 and libxml2. It uses XML based word databases (XDB) and has
following features:

1) Word navigator
2) Translation history
3) Multiple DB support
4) Auto-translation from clipboard updates
4) Reverse inexact search
5) Search for similar words
6) translate words with click on them in any app (via notification
window, 0.8.0)
7) Copy result to the clipboard
8) Paste and translate
9) Configuration window

Project pages:
	http://www.xfardic.org (Persian)
	http://sf.net/projects/xfardic

We are working on 0.8.0 that's daily snapshots are available from:

	 svn co https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xfardic xfardic

xfardic-xdb-gnulinux package provides linux dictionary [1] for xFarDic.
It acts as a virtual package named xfardic-xdb too. xfardic package
will be depend on xfardic-xdb. Linux dictionary is released under the
GFDL license. As checked with Baruch Even, there is no licensing
problem with Linux dictionary [2].

xfardic-xdb-gnulinux deb package is available from:

	http://technotux.org/dload/xfardic-pkg/

Please take a look at packages to make it ready to be uploaded. Then
will work on xfardic package itself.

Package has a wnpp request [3].

I'm also interested to add Hebrew and Arabic dictionaries to xFarDic.

Regards,
Alan