[Debian-arabic-packages] Re: Request to include to l10n packages in Etch

Steve Langasek vorlon at debian.org
Tue Feb 6 11:40:23 CET 2007

On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 11:43:17AM +0200, Lior Kaplan wrote:
> During the last 5 months the Debian Arabic people worked towards
> improving the Arabic support in Debian.

> Please consider to include in Etch some of the new packages which were
> uploaded to Unstable.

> aspell-ar-large - 49 days in unstable, not present in Etch.
> ttf-freefarsi - 50 days in unstable, not preset in Etch.

> Both missed the Etch freeze by only a few days...

More than "a few" days; both were uploaded after the archive was frozen
(which means, well after the original target release date).

I've unblocked them anyway on the grounds that these are data packages whose
impact should be minimal -- and because they can be removed again from the
release if any RC bugs appear.

vorlon at debian.org                                   http://www.debian.org/