[Debian-coldfire-devel] Re: Creation of #debian-68k on irc.debian.org (OFTC)

Stephen R Marenka stephen at marenka.net
Mon Jun 19 12:35:11 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 10:00:32AM +0200, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

> How about I drop everything but amiga and mac from the official linux-images
> for now? I can still cross-build all the other arches, but with just two
> arches, that actually work, I would even do a native build, so we would get

Sounds like a good plan to me. No point in having official images of
stuff that doesn't work anyway. Let me know if you do this so I can fix
the d-i udebs.

> header packages that work and fix a few build failures. And I could merge
> mac patches that conflict with sun at the moment, so mac support might be
> even better.

That would be great. It would be nice if we had two subarchs that
actually worked.

> BTW the kernel team(?) decided that we use gcc-4.0 now for all arches, I am
> not sure if that works for m68k, did anybody build a kernel with gcc-4
> already?

I wouldn't want to use gcc-4.0 (or even gcc-3.4) on m68k for anything.

<stephen at marenka.net>