[Debian-eeepc-devel] Sleep mode and configuration

elijah r. elijahr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 13:21:29 UTC 2008

Hi Emmanuel,

> Can you tell how I can execute some scripts before my eeepc enter in sleep
> mode, and when it wake up? Is there a debian way to do that?

Assuming you are using the eeepc-acpi-scripts, you can modify
/etc/acpi/actions/suspend.sh
There is a line that looks somewhat like this:

pm-suspend --quirk-s3-bios

That is the line that actually puts the machine into the suspend
state.  Anything called in the script before that line will happen
before suspend,
and anything called in the script after that line will happen on
resume.  I ran into an issue where I needed to turn off wireless
before and after suspend.  An example of what I did is at
http://elijahr.blogspot.com/2008/03/debian-eeepc-suspend-issues-with.html

Cheers,
Elijah