[Debian-eeepc-devel] [maximilian attems: eeepc acpi patch]

Eric Cooper ecc at cmu.edu
Sun Apr 6 18:35:11 UTC 2008

I got this email from Max Attems, who maintains the linux-2.6 kernel
packages for Debian.  Here's a chance for more of the modules required
by the Eee to be built into the mainstream Debian linux-image-*
packages.

In addition to eeepc-acpi, I mentioned atl2 and uvcvideo as
possibilities.  Obviously madwifi is a no-go, and ath5k isn't there
yet.  Anything else?

Also, the eeepc-acpi patch uses sysfs instead of procfs -- i.e.,
/sys/devices/platform/eeepc/wlan instead of /proc/acpi/asus/wlan --
because /proc is deprecated for ACPI in new kernels.  That will cause
some small breakage in the current ACPI scripts, but can easily be
fixed.

----- Forwarded message from maximilian attems <max at stro.at> -----