[Debian-eeepc-devel] WPA configured, I can't scan anything now...

lionel at tememe.org lionel at tememe.org
Tue Apr 22 12:12:24 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,
(This is my first message to the list... and my first message to an
English list ! :p )

I follow the wiki very often and I try to translate everything in
french. So i'm happy to meet you in this list.

I decided yesterday to change the Xandros system by the Debian one,
everything was fine as described in the wiki.
In particular, the WEP connection was ok.

This morning, I tried the wiki page
(http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/HowTo/Wifi) but it doesn't work at
all. After a reboot, my Eee couldn't see any wifi network.

The goal is to have roaming mode and, if possible, configure the
password for the networks I know (like "Myplace")

Here is my /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf :
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=0
ap_scan=1
fast_reauth=1
eapol_version=1
network= { key_mgmt=NONE }
network={ssid="Myplace" psk="XXXXXXX" priority=1}
#the XXXXX is my wpa password

and the /etc/network/interfaces :
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
allow-hotplug ath0
iface ath0 inet manual
	wpa-driver wext
	wpa-roam /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
iface default inet dhcp