[Debian-eeepc-devel] Free space on SSD after fresh install - and using SDHC card for /home and swap?

Miklos Tomka miklos_tomka at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 25 19:35:54 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I have just done a fresh install on my eeePC,
following this instructions form the Wiki.

My SSD has about 800M free after the install was
completed (default system was installed).

How much space would you all have remaining? Is there
any way to free up a bit more?

I tried to use an SDHC card for SWAP and /home, but
the installer did not allow it (it actually locked up
when partitioning the SD card). Is it possible to use
the SD card for SWAP and /home?

How?

Thanks for any advice,

Miklos