[Debian-eeepc-devel] usb persistent

elijah r. elijahr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 11:50:02 UTC 2008

If your motivations for wanting USB persist enabled are so that you
don't run into issues with the SD card when waking from suspend, I can
offer a small bit of advice.  I disabled suspend; I simply shutdown my
EeePC when I am done with it and turn it back on when I need it.  It
takes a bit longer to boot than it does to wake from suspend, but the
difference is more than made up for by the fact that the batteries
don't drain while the computer is off; this saves many more minutes.

Cheers,
Elijah

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 5:40 AM, Iacopo Spalletti <avvisi at spalletti.it> wrote:
> Alle 11:21 di mercoledì 30 aprile 2008, Damyan Ivanov ha scritto:
>
> > -=| Remco van 't Veer, Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 11:07:11AM +0200 |=-
>  >
>  > > Why isn't "usb persistent" configured by default in the installed
>  > > kernel?
>  >
>  > It is, since 2.6.25-1-686 (didn't try it myself though, just read the
>  > debian changelog)
>  >
>  As far as i know for usb devices to be really "persistent" this patch
>  (http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-usb@vger.kernel.org/msg02005.html) has to
>  applied to vanilla kernel.
>  I don't know if it's included in stock debian 2.6.25 patches (i hadn't the
>  chance to try 2.6.25-1-686 yet)
>
>  --
>  Regards
>  IS