[Debian-eeepc-devel] eeepc-acpi-scripts and acpi-support

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Fri Aug 1 01:50:48 UTC 2008

On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 09:25:01 +1000
Russell Coker <russell at coker.com.au> wrote:
> I'm not sure how to fix this, obviously I can just purge the package
> acpi-support but we need to have something like this get done automatically
> without user intervention.

Isn't this what the new "Breaks:" is for?  But we can't use this yet.

At the very least, we don't state clearly enough in our install
instructions that acpi-support must be purged if installed (and by
avoiding installing the laptop task, you can leave a lot of cruft off
of your eee and avoid this problem).