[Debian-eeepc-devel] Debian <-> Asus person

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Fri Aug 1 02:33:02 UTC 2008

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 23:04:18 -0300
"Fabio Pugliese Ornellas" <fabio.ornellas at gmail.com> wrote:
> As discussed at the #debian-eeepc, we are in need of a person to keep in
> touch with Asus when Debian EEE needs it, so that we won't overload
> support at asus.com. Also would be nice to have a process to contact Asus.
> Anyone with good people skills?

I have no problem taking on this role, as tbm already introduced me to
Asus by email. What I really need is a bit of backup, as talking to
vendors is new for me.  So more than just "people skills", I need
people to help proof queries to Asus, tips about how to speak with
vendors from anyone with experience doing that successfully, and some
discussion about what, exactly, we want to ask them and how best to go
about that.