[Debian-eeepc-devel] Debian Wiki: Splashy With Dmcrypt And Standard Grub

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Mon Aug 4 12:31:17 UTC 2008

On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 13:09:20 +0200
Paul Menzel <paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> there is a note in [1] that setting this up will be easier with Linux
> 2.6.26.
>
> Has anybody tried this yet? If yes, it would be great to update the
> page.

It would be premature to update any wiki pages to replace 2.6.25
instructions with 2.6.26 because linux-modules-extra-2.6 has not yet
been rebuilt & uploaded, so there is no atl2 and eeepc-acpi in
Sid yet (that is, anyone attempting this today will have to use
module-assistant to build all required modules from source). Also, with
Lenny as our target and the freeze already upon us, I want us to be
careful to have the wiki reflect what can be done with Lenny.

That being said, it is OK to have *extra* instructions for 2.6.26 and
for Sid, so long as the instructions for Lenny remain on the page.
Just make sure the pages don't get so cluttered that users will become
confused trying to sort it all out.