[Debian-eeepc-devel] “Coding” Style for Debian Wiki

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Thu Aug 7 11:52:40 UTC 2008

On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 13:43:40 +0200
Paul Menzel <paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> I did not use the GUI editor.

This wasn't directed at you.  This thread is about Coding style so I
want to make sure this point is clear to everyone reading it.

> While reading through the pages I am changing the link style to ["link"]

Ah.  That's fine.  But if you have extensive changes of this kind to
do *and* add new material to the page, it's probably best to do them in
two edits, one "minor" for such changes and another to add the new
material.

> and sometimes I change the apostrophies and quotation marks to the
> (typographically correct) UTF-8 ones, for example "" “”.

Same with this kind of change (if there are lots of them, that is).

 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org