[Debian-eeepc-devel] Software for playing music and movies

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Aug 7 12:58:09 UTC 2008

Dear Ben,

Am Donnerstag, den 07.08.2008, 09:44 -0300 schrieb Ben Armstrong:
> On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 14:31:56 +0200
> Paul Menzel <paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> > What do you use. I guess one can categorize it into GUI and CLI. So
> > please list the programs you use for playing music or movies in the
> > respective section.
> >
> > == GUI ==

Ok, maybe we can also divide this into QT, GTK and others. Perfectly
there would be a table how much space those programs take and for
comparison the disk space usage if when you have already installed QT or
GTK applications (because some libraries do not have to be installed).

=== QT (KDE) ===

> smplayer (same as xandros does)
> sometimes for music i use audacity

=== GTK (GNOME, LXDE, OpenBox) ===

Totem (?)

=== Others ===

> > VLC [2]

> > == CLI ==
> > mplayer
>
> yes, i use this for movies from CLI and don't know of good alternatives

Thanks,

Paul

PS: I forget, if someone knows a thread where this has been already
written down or discussed, please tell us, since this thread is not too
much Debian specific.