[Debian-eeepc-devel] No boot without ac adapter

InSa insa_hc at yahoo.it
Wed Aug 13 13:48:20 UTC 2008

Hello,

my eeepc 900 running sid does not boot no more without ac adapter. Or
better it boots without errors, then X comes up and then system
automatically shuts down.

"/var/log/kern.log" reports:
Aug 13 12:38:02 cheyenne kernel: [   32.976355] ACPI: Critical trip point
Aug 13 12:38:02 cheyenne kernel: [   32.976377] Critical temperature reached (144 C), shutting down.

Obviously that temperature is not true, in fact if I plug the ac
adapter and then boot system works perfectly.
cheyenne:~# acpi -V
     Battery 0: Full, 100%
  AC Adapter 0: on-line
     Thermal 0: ok, 62.0 degrees C
     Cooling 0: Processor 0 of 7

Where is the problem? How do I solve it? :)

Thank you and bye.
InSa