[Debian-eeepc-devel] timing problem with card reader and cryptsetup

Eric Cooper ecc at cmu.edu
Wed Aug 13 20:11:22 UTC 2008

I have an encrypted partition on my SDHC card that I list in
/etc/crypttab and automatically mount in /etc/fstab.

In kernels prior to 2.6.26, the card would be detected early in the
init sequence, before cryptsetup prompted me to unlock the partition,
and everything worked fine.

But for some reason in 2.6.26 the SD driver doesn't get loaded until
much later.  So the crytpsetup and mount always fail, and I have to login
to a single-user shell to fix it by hand.

Does anyone else see this, and does anyone have a fix?  Thanks.