[Debian-eeepc-devel] key AltGr : diffference between Xandros and Debian

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 15 06:09:28 UTC 2008

Dear list,

Am Donnerstag, den 14.08.2008, 21:37 +0200 schrieb Bruno Costacurta:

> How can I obtain same behaviour with Debian Lenny ?
> I'm using KDE and tried the different options accessible in the keyboard
> configuration but without result

Could you send the output from xev (package x11-utils), when you press
this combination?

> Note: does someone on this list still have an installed Xandros ? If so could
> you please provide the setup Section "InputDevice", 	Identifier	"Generic
> Keyboard" as present in the file /etx/X11/xorg.conf ?

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "keyboard"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "CoreKeyboard"
        Option      "XkbRules" "xorg"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "de"
        Option      "XkbVariant" "eeepc"
EndSection

Maybe it has something to do with my question which I posted on Monday
with subject

[Debian-eeepc-devel] xorg.conf: Option "XkbVariant" "eeepc"

I have not yet gotten an answer and have not had time yet to test it
myself.

Thanks,

Paul