[Debian-eeepc-devel] key AltGr : diffference between Xandros and Debian

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 15 13:35:12 UTC 2008

Dear list,

Am Freitag, den 15.08.2008, 08:29 +0200 schrieb Bruno Costacurta:
> On Friday 15 August 2008 08:09:28 Paul Menzel wrote:

> > Am Donnerstag, den 14.08.2008, 21:37 +0200 schrieb Bruno Costacurta:
> > > How can I obtain same behaviour with Debian Lenny ?
> > > I'm using KDE and tried the different options accessible in the keyboard
> > > configuration but without result
> >
> > Could you send the output from xev (package x11-utils), when you press
> > this combination?
> >
> > > Note: does someone on this list still have an installed Xandros ? If so
> > > could you please provide the setup Section "InputDevice",
> > > 	Identifier	"Generic Keyboard" as present in the file /etx/X11/xorg.conf
> > > ?
> >
> > Section "InputDevice"
> >         Identifier  "keyboard"
> >         Driver      "kbd"
> >         Option      "CoreKeyboard"
> >         Option      "XkbRules" "xorg"
> >         Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
> >         Option      "XkbLayout" "de"
> >         Option      "XkbVariant" "eeepc"
> > EndSection
> >

> > Maybe it has something to do with my question which I posted on Monday
> > with subject
> >
> > [Debian-eeepc-devel] xorg.conf: Option "XkbVariant" "eeepc"
> >
> > I have not yet gotten an answer and have not had time yet to test it
> > myself.

> about your xorg.conf file, obviously the 'eeepc' option is not present in
> keyboard file from Debian Lenny.
> Is it possible to grab the keyboard file (ie. /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/gb)
> from Xandros to Lenny ?

I was just able to find how to adapt the german one under the link [1] I
posted in my referenced message.

[1] http://www.kruedewagen.de/wiki/index.php/EeePC#Symbols

Iván wrote in the other answer, how you can extract it. Maybe you can
post it here or to the Debian Wiki, when you have succeeded.

> Hereafter my xev output :
> xev

[…]

I am no expert, but I think this were all mouse movements? Or the
combination is not recognized as there should be a KeyPress event.

But I guess the problem is to make the combination known to the X-server
(extract file from DVD).

Thanks,

Paul