[Debian-eeepc-devel] Gathering information on getting support for 1650 * 1050 resolution

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 18 09:30:38 UTC 2008

Dear list,

I had still no look with the ASUS VW222S and just can say that it is
working correctly connected to a desktop machine.

Just today it was confirmed again that someone have a working setup with
an external monitor connected to the VGA port with a resolution with
1650 * 1050 with no problems [1].

Unfortunately I have not received any replies to my message [2].
Therefore I am starting this new thread.

Could you please send me either the output or the files.

1. cat /proc/cpuinfo

2. The version of the BIOS. (Press F2 on start up or use dmidecode.)

3. If you use a 22 inch monitor over VGA at a resolution of 1680 * 1050,
then please attach …

a) dpkg -l xserver-xorg-video-intel
b) dpkg -l xserver-xorg-core
c) the manufacturer and model number of your monitor,
d) your /etc/X11/xorg.conf and
e) your /var/log/Xorg.0.log and
f) what command or front end you are using to switch (xrandr).

4. More ideas, suggestions, …?

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-eeepc-devel/2008-August/000746.html